Monday, July 2, 2007

Squirrel Cruelty Case in Dallas (Dec. 2005)

I'm not sure why I haven't heard about this when it happened, but back in December of 2005, a disturbing case of squirrel cruelty happened in Dallas. Here is link to that case:


3 squirrels nailed to fence,
Dallas, TX (US)


I believe the possible suspects are "Snake" and "Wolf", the anti-squirrel fanatics who verbally and emotionally harrassed members of the Yahoo group SquirrelLovers, and created the ill-fated Varmit Poontang blog. Their real names are uncertain, but they sometimes went by Brad and Jarrod, respectively, on the Yahoo group. The harrassing comments they made happened between October 2005 and January 2006. Their "Varmit Poontang" blog was active between November 2005 and June 2006. After that time, fortunately, these two seemed to disappear. Hopefully it is because they have been arrested (perhaps for other crimes) and are rotting in prison already. My suspicion that "Snake" and "Wolf" are the suspects in this crime stem from the fact that the incident took place during the peak of their harrassing and blogging, which also took place in Dallas. Could be a coincidence, but any additional information on this case or on these two individuals would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=560853699


this is totally cruel towards squirrels and they should be fined or something

Anonymous said...

How do I find the Yahoo Group Squirrel Lovers forum? I think there may be someone there looking for some help on a medical issue.

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd love to thank you for such a terrific made forum!
thought this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/elmo-party-supplies.html]elmo Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

I am Glad i found this web site.Added squirrelawareness.blogspot.com to my bookmark!